Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The End of Summer

  
     
Property obligations have stolen much of my attention for the past two months of the summer, however, I did manage to play hooky the last week of September to go kayak fishing in Tahoe. Not far from where Mark Twain had once torched down the forest with a run-away campfire I hooked the largest fish I ever have in my entire life. With the power to drag me around the lake I had guessed the monster must have been a giant brown trout. With my hands cramping from reeling and reeling, I suddenly had felt tapped into Ol' Hem's vibe of the old man of the sea. It was awesome! But the disappointment came when not far from the boat the fish had slipped off the hook, it has just been one of those summers. I did manage to catch a few tasty rainbows nevertheless. Then suddenly, an urgent call suggested I bomb down to Hollywood to meet up with a couple of producers. 

Though I did not have use of my digi snap shooter I did manage to snap a few pics here with the iphone last week behind the scenes. Thanks to Cutthroat Studio and the producers and directors of NBC’s webisode unit for inviting me down to check out the set.

PHOTOS LEFT TO RIGHT FROM TOP: 1) WHERE DO YA WANNA GO? 2) CHIMNEY BEACH 3) OFF THE BOW OF THE KAYAK EARLY AM. 4) MY OLD HOLLYWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD GETS ITS OWN FACELIFT. 5) AN IMPLANT IS INSERTED INTO THE ARM OF ACTRESS AMY. 6) LARRI ZULU IS A CREEP ON SET AS THE CUTTHROAT CREW APPLY A SPECIAL EFFECT APPLIANCE. 7) A CASE OF LUBE WAS FOUND ON THIS SET 8) IN THIS SIGNAGE DEPICTING THE SAM CLEMENS STORY THEY OMMITED THE SCENE WHERE HE GETS DRUNK AND BURNS DOWN THE FOREST. 9) ON BOARD THE YELLOW SUBMARINE.

ALL PHOTOS ©2008 JAMES JACKSON : ANY REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT EXPRESSED WRITTEN CONSENT.



No comments: